Tips and Tricks >>
- Fitting Roof Boards
- Installing the Roof Components
- Fitting Log Cabin Windows
- Fitting Doors to Log Cabins – Gap Above Door Too Big
- Expansion Gaps Around Window Frames
Log Cabin Maintenance >>
Felt Shingles >>
Cabin Treatment >>
Building The Walls >>
- Setting Up To Build Your Wooden Garage
- Keeping the Walls Straight
- Twisted and Bent Wall Logs
- Settle The Wall Boards into Place
Base Construction >>
- Essential Knowledge for a Successful Cabin Installation
- Your Questions Answered
- Some Companys Propaganda Makes Me MAD !
- Make your shed the center piece of your garden !
- Our Best Deal This Week
- A Cheap Garden Office
- What Timber is Best for my Log Cabin
- Wood Cabins UK
Our guide to installing log cabins should provide you with sufficient information to avoid falling into some of the common traps of installation and ensure your cabin is built to the best possible standard. Follow a few simple rules and enjoy a well constructed garden building that will give years of trouble free use.
If you are a competent DIYer, then there is no reason why you shouldn’t attempt the build yourself. There is nothing particularly technical or requires specialist carpentry skills to build the cabin successfully. Although construction can be carried out by one person, it is adviseable for two persons to be available.
Most Popular Articles
- Log Cabin Base
- Wall Construction
- Roof Construction
- Felt Shingles
- Cabin Insulation
Log cabins constructed using interlocking logs have been around for a while now and just like many other consumer goods you get good ones and you get some, not so good. Those cabins that may seem like a bargain could be found left wanting in certain areas such as attention to detail, machining or just general quality – beware !